Traveling with kids can be an amazing experience if you plan properly. The memories that you create will last a lifetime. On the other side of the coin…without proper planning, your trip could end up a disaster. We have taken our own very informal poll and here is what our resident moms had to say that they could not leave home without:
- A snack kit – You know your kids best and just about every kids likes to snack when on a trip. The key here is to combine healthy options with some options that may not be so healthy. Our suggestions range from popcorn to mini homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Travel towels and wipes – Even if your child is no longer in diapers, there are sure to be some spills along the way. To be prepared, pack a few extra towels and travel size wipes that can clean up easy spills.
- DIY first aid kit – Traveling can come along with unexpected bumps and bruises. Put together a small kit that can help you doctor minor scrapes or rash breakouts. Remember to include items like Band-Aids and antiseptic wipes for getting the germs out of little cuts. It also does not hurt to include medications similar to Tylenol and Benadryl just in case it is needed.
- A change of clothes – Along with those spills may come the need to make a quick change of the outfit. It is actually easy to just slide this change of clothes into a freezer size Ziploc bag. This can slip easily in to your carry on or bag that you are keeping close by. Don’t forget that you may need to pack underwear and socks. (photo credit: http://bit.ly/1sjEy5Z )
- Cool apps – Last but certainly not least, the right apps should be loaded on your mobile devices. We are a little bias, but The Button Book is fun for all ages. You will create instant giggling when you share this app with your little one. This app has also been known to turn the tickle box over for adults too. Give it a try and let us know what you think.